Winter Competition Handicaps
The winter handicapping system for Saturday competitions that was trialled last winter in an attempt to spread prize money more evenly throughout the membership was well received and is being repeated this winter.
- 1st placed pairs/teams are reduced by 2 shots.
- 2nd placed pairs/teams are reduced by 1 shot.
- Other prizes winners (3rd, 4th, etc.) are not reduced.
- Handicap reductions remain in place until the end of March.
- Winter Handicaps are applicable to play in Saturday winter competitions only.
- Players will revert to their normal club handicaps in April 2020.
Click on the Handicap List below to see players with handicap reductions in place.
For winter better-ball competitions only, we allow piggy-in-the-middle play, where the "odd one out" in a 3-ball plays as a partner to the other two golfers. In the event of the “piggy” winning two prizes, one with each partner, the piggy will receive the share of prize money for the higher placed pair only, with the piggy's share of the prize money for the lower placed pair being donated to the Captain’s Charity.
The Bunker Relief rule and the Alternative to Stroke & Distance which are included in the Mapperley Winter Rules are available to be used in all Winter Non-qualifying Competitions.
Explanatory diagrams showing where to drop when using the Alternative to Stroke & Distance are displayed on the noticeboards in the Mens and Ladies locker rooms.
|File Name||File Size|
|Handicap list 2019-11-16.pdf||126.59 kB|
|Results 2019-11-09 texas scramble.pdf||18.42 kB|
|Results 2019-11-16 BB stableford.pdf||87.48 kB|