Appendix K: General Play Scores
Scores from General Play (casual rounds) may be submitted for handicap purposes over 18 holes or 9 holes (front 9 or back 9):
- You must register your intention to submit a General Play Score before you play by signing in on the My England Golf app.
- Men may play from the white, yellow or red tees. Ladies may play from the yellow tees (18 hole only) or red tees.
- General Play Scores are best played in Stableford format, so you may pick up your ball if you cannot score a stableford point on a hole.
- Your score must be verified through the England Golf app by a playing partner who is a member at Mapperley or any other golf club in England and who holds a WHS Handicap Index.
- During the round or soon after, input your score on the app.
- After submitting your score, your marker will receive an email asking them to log into the app and approve your score. This must be done on the day of play so that handicaps are updated overnight.
- Select “Alternate” tees when the 10th hole is played as a par 3.
- Select “F9” tees when playing a 9 hole round over the front 9
- Select “B9” tees when playing a 9 hole round over the back 9
- Members that don’t have access to the England Golf app should make it known to the Committee before starting the round that they intend submitting a General Play score and should send their hole-by-hole gross scores to email@example.com