Appendix K: General Play Scores
Scores from General Play (casual rounds) may be submitted for handicap purposes over 18 holes or 9 holes at Mapperley or at any other course with a Course Rating:
- You must register your intention to submit a General Play Score before you play by signing in on the My England Golf app when you are in close proximity to the course.
- At Mapperley: Men may play from the white, yellow or red tees. Ladies may play from the red tees (18 hole or 9 hole) or the yellow tees (18 hole only).
- Select “Alternate” tees when the 10th hole is played as a par 3.
Select “F9” tees when playing the front 9 only.
Select “B9” tees when playing the back 9 only.
- You may pick up your ball if you cannot score a stableford point on a hole.
- Your score must be verified through the My England Golf app by someone that witnessed the round and who holds a WHS Handicap Index. This can be a member of Mapperley or any affiliated golf club in England, or an iGolf subscriber.
- During the round or soon after, input your score on the app. After submitting your score, your marker will be notified that they need to approve your score in the app. This must be done on the day of play so that handicaps are updated overnight.
Should your score not be submitted/approved in good time, you and your marker will receive a reminder email asking you to complete the process or to contact the club if there is a valid reason why the score has not been submitted/approved. If you do not act, an automated “Penalty Score” will be applied to your Handicap Record, which could adjust your handicap upwards or downwards.
Members that do not have access to the My England Golf app may submit General Play scores as follows:
- Make it known to the Committee before starting the round that you intend submitting a General Play Score.
- Send details of the course/tees played, the name of your marker and your hole-by-hole gross scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.