The competition is a 13 hole Texas Scramble Stableford, playing holes:
1 to 6
9 and 10
12 and 13
16 to 18.
This is a change from the traditional Medal format, as it is easier to calculate the strokes received in a stableford when playing less than 18 holes. You just receive strokes according to the stroke index of the holes that you play.
- Minimum of 3 tee shots required from each player (4 for short-handed teams).
- Place your ball within 12 inches in the General Area and within 6 inches on the Putting Green and Bunkers.
- Handicap allowances from lowest to highest handicap are 25%, 20%, 15% and 10%.
- Short-handed teams receive extra strokes equivalent to having a ghost player with a Course Handicap of 20.
- No "multi-tee adjustments" are required when playing the combination of mens' yellow and women's red tees in stableford format. This is because 38 points (over 18 holes) represents playing to handicap from both sets of tees.
We have worked out the team handicaps for you; Texas Scramble Team handicaps
If there are any subsequent changes to your team you can look up the strokes received on the charts in the locker room
. . . . or use the Interactive Handicap calculator tool
If in doubt about your team's strokes received, just make sure to record the correct gross scores on each hole.