To provide equity when competitors are playing from 2 or more different sets of tees, adjustments are made to the Playing Handicaps of some players. These adjustments are used solely to determine competition results and do not affect the player’s Scoring Record or Handicap Index calculation.
Playing Handicap = (Course Handicap x Handicap Allowance) + Adjustment
The adjustments reflect the difference in the scores that would be returned when “playing to Course Handicap” and depend on the format being played:
- The difference in Course Rating for 18 hole Medals, Gross Score & Maximum Score
- The difference in Par for 9 hole Medals, Gross Score & Maximum Score
- The difference in the number of stableford points required to play to Course Handicap for 18 hole Stablefords & Par/Bogey
- No adjustment is required in 9 hole Stablefords & Par/Bogey
- In Texas Scrambles the medal adjustment is divided by the number of players in the team
See Appendix N for further information and example calculations.
Mixed Foursomes and Greensomes
In Foursomes and Greensomes adjustments are first calculated for each player in accordance with Appendix N1 (medals) or Appendix N3 (stablefords). The adjustment for the pair is 50% of the combined adjustments.
Refer to Appendices N7, N8 and N9 for worked examples.
Which scorecard to use in Team Competitions
- In Team stableford and Team par/bogey competitions where Men and Women play their own ball, players use the pars on the scorecard appropriate to their gender.
- In Team stableford and Team par/bogey competitions where Men and Women use the same ball (e.g. foursomes and greensomes), players all use the same pars on the scorecard. The Women’s pars are recommended.
Returning of Scores
When entering scores at the PSI screen or via HowDidiDo Mobile Score Input, make sure to select the course that was played (white, yellow or red tees).
Scorecards in mixed gender competitions should be posted through the letterbox outside the office (subject to Covid restrictions).