We have a very friendly and active Ladies Section at Mapperley Golf Club and we run a wide selection of club stroke play competitions, knockout competitions and matches against other local clubs. If you wish to join us and learn to play golf, Mapperley Golf Club is the place to start.
We look forward to you contacting our Ladies Secretary, Mrs Susan Bunting, via option 10 on the Contact Us page.
We offer weekly Qualifying Competitions from April until October with reserved tee times on all Tuesdays, 'Alternate Day' tee times on most Sundays and summer Saturday competitions about once a month. There are also regular 9 hole competitions for the benefit of our 9 hole members and those ladies who like competitive golf, but prefer not to play a full 18 holes. During the winter the emphasis is more on fun competitions. A Winter Eclectic runs from October to March.
As well as several Open competitions at Mapperley, the highlights of the season are the Spring Meeting, Autumn Meeting and Lady Captain's Day which all include an evening meal and prize presentation. We usually have a Ladies outing at least once a year. There are Mixed pairs and team competitions held on a Sunday about once a month throughout the year,
Click Ladies Competition Overview for a full list of upcoming ladies competitions.
Click Mixed Competition Overview for a full list of upcoming mixed competitions.
Click Ladies Major Competitions for details of the club Major Trophy competitions.
There are Ladies Singles, Ladies Foursomes and Mixed Foursomes knockout competitions through the summer, culminating on Finals Day in September.
Any member in the following membership categories may enter the club knockout competitions, subject to having played in a minimum of 3 Qualifying Competitions within the previous 12 months. Entries may be accepted from full members with a valid handicap without such Qualifying criteria, although 3 Qualifying scores must be posted before the end of April for any member to continue playing in the competition:
7 day and 6 day
7 day and 6 day, aged 75+
Country member & Overseas member
Young member, aged 19 to 30
Junior member, aged 12 to 18
- All Ladies and Mixed knockout matches are played over 18 holes.
- If a player arrives on the 1st tee within 5 minutes of the allotted tee time, the penalty is loss of the 1st hole.
- Matches usually commence at the 1st tee. However, if both players (or teams) agree, play may commence from the 10th tee, except on Finals Day when all players commence from the 1st tee.
- In the event of a tie after the designated number of holes, play will recommence at the starting hole on a ‘sudden death’ play-off basis, with the handicap allowance repeated at the holes indicated by the stroke index.
- Each round must be completed by midnight of the day stated and the name(s) of the winner(s) entered on the appropriate draw sheet. The winner(s) are responsible for entering the result on the draw sheet.
- Finals are played on a day selected by the Competitions Committee. An alternate Finals Day is allocated, but this is to be used for any players who have qualified for more than one final ONLY and not for any other reason. Starting times on Finals Day are published once the participants are known.
- In the event of a lady qualifying to play in two or more finals the order of priority is:
Ladies Singles or
We enter teams in the Nottinghamshire County Ladies Silver & Bronze Leagues and Ladies & Mixed Interclub knock-out competitions, as well as playing friendlies against other local clubs. During the winter months we play in the Ladies Winter Golf League.
For more information about matches and leagues click Ladies Match Overview.
Please visit the Ladies Handicaps page for information about how to obtain and maintain a handicap.