The County Card Scheme – A route to golf at competitive rates
The County Card Scheme began in 2006 with just a few clubs in Nottinghamshire and neighbouring Midland Counties taking part. There are now 34 participating Counties and almost 1500 Clubs nationwide prepared to offer visiting card holders golf at reduced rates.
Who can get a County Card?
Every male member of an affiliated golf club in Nottinghamshire who has paid an affiliation fee to the Nottinghamshire Union of Golf Clubs (over the age of 18 on Jan 1st 2014) is entitled to a Nottinghamshire County card free of charge. From 2015 lady members may also obtain a card free of charge.
What benefits does the card entitle me to?
Participating clubs offer county card holders golf at reduced rates. The precise benefits and conditions of play are determined by each club and details can be found by contacting the club directly. Although strictly the card is valid for one round of golf at the participating club, many clubs do welcome return visits. Again please consult the club direct about this. You may have to provide additional identification in addition to the County card. Details of participating Counties, and contact details for participating Clubs can be found on the Notts Union website: www.nottsgolfunion.com.
How do I get my card?
Mapperley members may obtain a card from the Pro shop. Each card is individually numbered and requires you to complete a few personal details..
- Every male member of a Nottinghamshire affiliated Golf Club, over the age of 18 at January 1st, is required to pay an annual affiliation fee to the Nottinghamshire Union of Golf Clubs. This affiliation fee is reviewed and agreed annually.
- In October 2013 the Executive of the Nottinghamshire Union of Golf Clubs agreed that the ‘Nottinghamshire County Card’ will be provided free of charge to every fee paying male member of a Nottinghamshire affiliated club. This will be distributed through the Club Secretary/Club Manager of each affiliated Club.
- The Nottinghamshire County Card will be valid from the 1st April each year until March 31st the following year.
- A valid County card will be distinguished by a photograph of the current County course on the front. Each card is numbered and requires personal information to be completed on the rear. Failure to complete this information will render the card invalid.
- A card holder may be required to provide additional identification when using the card.
- The County card is non-transferable and non-replaceable in any current year.
- Whilst each participating club agrees to accept card holders, the discount and conditions of play offered is entirely at the discretion of the host Club. Discounts and conditions of play should be checked with the host club when arranging a visit.
- Card holders may play once a year at any of the listed Clubs, albeit many clubs gladly welcome return visits.